Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Toby and the secrets of the tree by Timothee de Fombelle

This book left me breathless and while I didn't want it to end I also didn't want to stop reading. It is essential to read the first one before tackling this sequel and so I am glad I finished the first one on Saturday and started the second on Sunday as I think I might have lost track of all these wonderful and interconnected characters. I am not going to outline the plot I am just going to say once you read Toby alone you must rush out and get Toby and the secrets of the Tree it is fabulous. Once again the writing is just magical. Here is a tiny taste when Toby once again visits the Asseldor family this time at Christmas. "Toby surveyed the table in all its finery. It was that Asseldor magic touch capable of laying on a feast at the end of the world. And in the great tradition of Seldor, places had been laid for the two visitors even though they hadn't been invited ... it's hard to say what makes a party unforgettable. A party is a mystery that can't be manufactured."

No comments: