Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lexi by LS Matthews

From time to time girls in senior grades have mentioned this book called Lexi so I knew it was time for me to actually read it too. This is an intriguing story about identity and the harsh realities of homelessness and city life. While this book would not make my top fifty list it was an easy read and a fast moving story with an interesting plot. I can’t say too much about Lexi or her circumstances because this will give too much away.

Lexi has amnesia and you need to read the book and follow Lexi’s journey as she discovers the amazing truth about her family. The descriptions of the run-down city and the frightening night time scenes are gripping reading.

This book would appeal to middle and upper primary readers, especially girls and I would recommend it.

No comments: